I first tried tasted this over Christmas at my parents’ house, and it was delish! Then, I tried making it myself, and it’s so easy it’s crazy!
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast (I used one whole breast)
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 8 oz. frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14 oz. can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped (I skipped this because I didn’t have any)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
You pretty much put all the ingredients in your crock pot, set the chicken breast on top and walk away.
Next, you put the chicken back in and mix it all around. You can serve it over rice or with a tortilla, as we did. I enjoyed adding cheddar cheese and some sour cream to mine. (If using tortillas, you’ll want to drain some of the liquid or it will drip down your arms. Extra liquid helps if you serve it over rice.)
Here is my daughter sharing her strawberry with you. “Mom, why are you taking pictures of our supper,” said my entire family. 😉