- a woman who waddles (I am not being rude as I say that because the reality is that she truly does walk differently because of the weight that she is carrying) to her car
- three kids also get in the car and drive somewhere and come back just a few minutes later
- all three kids…who are all overweight…come back with bags of fast food and walk in the house
- the mom stays in her car and I can see her eating french fry, after french fy
- the mom finishes off her meal with a cigarette or two…still in her car
- this entire family is obese, no doubt about that in my mind
- it is now 25 minutes later and the mom is still in her car, sitting in the driveway, eating, drinking or smoking something
I don’t know her story. I don’t know what is going on that makes her think she needs to eat in her car. It’s not the first time that I have seen her doing this though.
If I tapped on her window and invited her to the gym, do you think she would come with me?
I know for a fact that when a person is ready for a change it has to be a personal decision. I highly doubt that this woman would join me for a workout or even attempt a sit-up. Habits, like eating in your car, have to be broken but there also has to be a desire for those habits to stop.
My friend is writing a blog series about how to make changes and turn those into habits, one step at a time. Check it out here! You may not be eating in your car and smoking (it has now been about 45 minutes and she is still there) but maybe there is something in your life that you are thinking about that should be different.
I know that I’m not the only one that has had to overcome this issue with food. You can read more about my story and how I have gone through this journey to get where I am today. I started this 80 pounds heavier than I am now and in a totally different mental state as well. Are you one of the many that struggles with this too?