Songs motivate me…plain and simple. I am just wired that way.
I spend some of my Sunday going through songs and adding them to my mp3 player so I have something fun and new to workout to on Monday morning. Knowing that I have something fun and upbeat that is new on my playlist actually has been the reason why I have crawled out of bed some mornings.
This week at The Journey we are sharing our Top 5 songs for a few different categories…
- Top 5 for walking/running…or cardio
- Top 5 for strength training (or lifting something heavy)
- Top 5 for a bike ride that is just plain awesome
Today…it is CARDIO DAY! After you see this list you really have no excuses to get moving a little bit faster. These songs will make you WANT to move faster…seriously. You can do this because now you will have all the tools that you will need …your feet and music. 🙂
7 Songs for Cardio: I couldn’t narrow it down to just 5…so you get 7! and I put in some links to videos (not all are the official videos) of the songs too so you can check it out and see if you like them. I like a variety of music so that is pretty much what this is…a variety of fast paced music for cardio…and ones that I would play tomorrow if I was to go running.
1. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) – Fall Out Boy
2. Somebody Told Me by The Killers
3. Red Hot Kinda Love by Christina Aguilera
4. Don’t You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia
5. Can You Feel It by David Crowder Band (this is a live version…I couldn’t find anything but live)
6. No Plan B by Manafest
7. Walls by Manic Drive
Shhh…there is a secret to my songs! I use a very special website where I get songs for free or super duper cheap. If you want to find out where, follow us here at The Journey by clicking on the “Follow” links on the sides or by signing up via e-mail. I will be sharing this secret with everyone that is part of The Journey by the end of the week. You can also read more about how The Journey got started…the beginning.
What is your favorite song for cardio? I am always looking for new songs to add to my list. 🙂