It’s my turn to share 25 Random Things about me! I edited this post from a 25 Random Things Facebook thing I wrote back when there was a more prominent “Notes” section on Facebook. (Did you ever do that one?) Anyway, here you go. Drum roll please!
1. I’m a procrastinator. Although, I prefer to call myself “deadline oriented.” I’m supposed to post here on Thursdays. I should meet my deadline in the Central Time Zone. 😉
2. I have mostly lived in Iowa, but I was born in California and have lived in Minnesota and Colorado, also.
3. I first met Jessica at a birthday party and then we were in school together from 4th grade through college. Yep, we graduated from high school and college together. I was hoping to find a picture of us with those lovely graduation hats on, but that was back in the dark ages before digital photos, and looking for that picture might make me miss my deadline. (See #1.)
4. I was a Resident Assistant for two years in the dorms at Iowa State. That was one of my favorite jobs. Jessica was one, too. We’re not the same person. I promise.
5. One day while at Iowa State, a friend of mine and I spent a few hours walking around campus wearing giant blood drop costumes to promote a campus blood drive. (That’s about as random as they come!) And, if I remember correctly, Jessica was on the blood drive committee and she was our “in” for the awesome opportunity to be blood drops.
6. I was in 4-H in middle school and high school. I raised chickens as a project. One rooster of mine, Big Red, was very close to winning the grand champion poultry one year. I think he lost out to a goose. LOL!
7. In 1986, I played on a softball team called the Mets. That year, the New York Mets won the World Series. So, I became a huge Mets fan. Well, as big of a fan as a nine year old girl can. Now I cheer for the St. Louis Cardinals, because they are my man’s team. But, I like to tease him and say, “Go Mets!”
8. My husband and I have a goal of seeing a game in every Major Leage Baseball park together. So far, we’ve been to 15. We even managed a game on our honeymoon in Florida. We’ve been to Colorado, St. Louis (old & new), Tampa Bay, Milwaukee, Chicago Cubs, Kansas City, New York Yankees (old), Boston, Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox, Minnesota (Metrodome), Arizona, Miami (old) and Houston. We missed out on the Mets Shea Stadium (Go Mets!), which had its final season the summer baby #3 was born. We don’t have plans to add to our list this summer, but we do hope to get our kids to Wrigley, aka enemy territory, for the first time this summer.
9. I have three kiddos, currently age 4, 7 and 8, but soon to be age 5, 7 and 9. My oldest and youngest have birthdays in the same week in July.
10. I drive a minivan because it’s convenient and practically a necessity with three kids. It’s not my “dream car,” but I don’t really have a “dream car” either.
11. Four of the five cars my husband (Ben) and I have owned were first owned by a relative of ours. (Two by my parents, one by Ben’s parents and one by Ben’s aunt.)
12. I do not have a gallbladder anymore. It left me early in 2005.
13. My husband and I met while working together as tour guides at the Towers dorms at Iowa State. We showed incoming students around during orientation in the summer of 1999. I like to say that the pay wasn’t great, but the benefits were priceless! 🙂 I think I made about $50 doing tours, but I met my best friend. Aww shucks!
14. My middle name is Nadine. When I was younger, I didn’t always like that name because it was “different” than all my friends whose middle names were Ann and Lynn. Now I’m glad to be named after my awesome Grandma! My daughter Paige also has the middle name Nadine.
15. I think it would be cool to travel to Africa someday.
16. My sister and I like to tell each other when Google is “cool.” As in, when they change their logo to honor someone or for a holiday. Although, we don’t do it as often as we used to. Did you see the one for Maurice Sendak lately? It was super cool!
17. If I had a million dollars, I would probably give a lot of it away. And I’d buy a house on the ocean. Maybe that would require more than one million.
18. I love musicals.
19. I do not have musical talent. Jessica and I both played the flute back in elementary school. I remember saying something to her about practicing the flute once. She replied with, “You practice??” 😉
20. I would pick yard work over house work any day. Even when it’s raining, but maybe not when it’s 100 degrees with high humidity.
21. I write here at The Journey, and I have TWO other blogs. One is basically just to update the grandparents and the other is called Random Reporter. I randomly write there, mostly about my faith.
22. My grandest goal in life is to be open to where God leads.
23. One of my favorite Bible passages is Psalm 23. It was the first passage I memorized as a child.
24. I love being a mom and watching my kids grow and learn new things.
25. My kids also sometimes drive me crazy, so I should stop typing and go to bed so that when they drive me crazy tomorrow I’ll have enough rest to be patient with them. 🙂