When it comes to cooking…I need fast, easy and something my kids will like. I also want to make sure that my kids are eating healthy and as a mom I need to make this an important factor with our meal decisions.
This recipe…it fits all the criteria that I look at when it comes to me firing up the oven.
- Get out that faithful muffin tin and grease it up. We don’t want anything sticking…that is just more mess for us moms to clean.
- put in a piece of ham on the bottom, so it goes up the sides
- crack an egg for each space and put it on top of the ham slice
- bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes (or until done)
You can also put additional items in this that might make it more fun. Kids can even add their special touches to “their” egg. Here are a few ideas:
- green peppers
- shredded cheese
- hashbrowns (on the bottom and could do this instead of ham slices)
- diced tomatoes
Pair this up with a fresh fruit, piece of whole wheat toast and throw in some carrot sticks…you’ve got a healthy lunch or dinner!
For more recipes from The Journey, click this link.