Small Changes…Big Picture
Individual challenges that you might like to try! All are FREE and great tools to use as you are venturing on your own journey.
Each of the challenges below will take you through steps that will help you get the food, movement and mind all included in your journey. Click each one to find the details. Share with us your experiences too!
- Weekly Challenges – new picture every Monday that is posted on our blog. Click each number to find a different challenge that you can do at home: #100, #101, #102
- Back to the Basics Challenge – Focus on one small change to work on throughout a month. Click on each month to start! September
- Challenge #1: Truth in Labeling
- Challenge #2: Read
- Challenge #3: Truth about the scale
- Challenge #4: The Truth About Body Bashing (and The Truth About Body Bashing Part 2)
- Challenge #5: No Sugar Challenge
- Challenge #6 Drop the Pop
- Challenge #7 14 Day Bodyweight Challenge see the post that lists the links to all 14 days of the challenge
- Challenge #8 The Small Changes Challenge A 12 week program that incorporates 12 different small changes that can be done at your own pace.
- Challenge #9: Non-Electronic Week: a challenge to unplug our kids. Take one week and unplug! Put the gadgets away, get creative find that imagination instead of watching a screen. Follow-up posts and facts are also at these links: 1) Follow-up to the Non-electronic week 2) Round 2 of the challenge 3) Fact #2
Book Study Challenges
Made to Crave… We did a book study of Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst in the fall of 2013. You can find the study introduction and all of the posts by clicking on the picture at the left or by clicking right here.
Made to Crave: Action Plan…this is starting February 6th and will continue until May 15th. If you’d like to follow along with us…just check out the posts that will be added, purchase the book at your local bookstore and join in some comments. Jessica will be writing a recap each week and will provide some additional resources that will be posted here for those doing this book study.
Step 1: Identify Your First Steps
- What Measurements to Do on this Challenge
- Devotional from Lysa T. – A Call to Action
- Week 1 Notes…including stats about obesity, fiber and video on sugar
Step 2: Eat Smart, add fish and increase fiber
- Week 2 Notes…including my story about fish…and tips on what the best fish are to eat and which one to just throw in the trash.
- Devotional from Lysa T. for Week 2 – When the end goal seems too hard
- Link to www.genesmart.com (Dr. Ski Chilton’s site) where you can download lists of foods and their fiber content as well as other tips for shopping and nutrition.
- Week 3 Notes the 3 e’s in this health stuff
- Week 4 Notes Includes info on how to get rid of pop, sugar and ways to make some tasty water