Spoiler Alert: There is a GIVEAWAY for participating in this event! More details below. 🙂
Getting people motivated to make changes not only inspires me to keep moving but is showing me that people really are ready to put the work in to change their lives.
I remember a time when I heard the words “5k” and rolled my eyes thinking it was not going to ever be anything I would do. Who are these crazy people that run for fun? I know that I had those thoughts even as I was getting ready to start my first run.
My first 5k was on May 20th, 2011. I didn’t run all of it and it was raining during some of it…but it was fun and I finished!
A 5k is just 3.1 miles. That’s all. That is something that you can do! If you have ever gone to the Mall of America and walked around just one level that was already .57 miles…and I know that if you went shopping there you didn’t just stay on one level.
The Journey is giving you a chance to be part of an actual 5k…and we have two ways to participate:
1) Virtual 5k. You can do this on a treadmill, outside, in a mall…somewhere on your own on Saturday, April 27th or Sunday, April 28th, and with a way that you can track how many miles you went. Don’t have any nifty tools? If you are walking outside you can track your route using Google maps or mapquest or even go drive 3.1 miles with your car and then just walk the same distance. This event is FREE! Yep…you heard it right. We do need you to register for this event by e-mailing email@example.com by midnight, April 25th with your name, age, e-mail and address. A pdf document will be e-mailed to you prior to the race with your bib. We do want to see a picture of you with your bib on the day of the race (you don’t have to wear it but we want to see you at least holding it in the picture). After the race, e-mail your picture and finishing time.
2) Join The Journey and participate in the Spring Fling Diva Run on Sunday, April 28th, 2013 in Rochester, MN. This is a walk/run which means you can walk or run. This is also an all women event which is even more welcoming for those that are a little uncomfortable with trying a 5k. There is a 5k and a 10k course and a kids run! Those women that participate need to register online at the Spring Fling Diva Run website (link here). Register by April 21st and you pay the discount fee of $33. You also receive an exercise shirt that is really a great quality exercise shirt. We want to see your results and cheer you on for doing such a great job so, after the race e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include a photo of you with your bib (holding it or having it pinned on) and your finishing time. If you register for this event please e-mail The Journey at email@example.com or send us a message through Facebook so we know that you will be at this event!
Why should you be part of this 5k?
Why not? Unless you already have something on your calendar for that day already then you should sign up. If you can’t walk 3.1 miles at this moment (or never have that you know of) then this is a really good time to start moving and prove to yourself that you can accomplish a 5k.
This is also a great race to be part of because it is all women on the course and the course is nice and flat most of the time. This is a well run race and if we start together and encourage each other throughout the course it will really just be that much more fun.
Oh…did I mention that there were some goodies and awesome prizes that are given away at the end of the race? If you are registered for the Spring Fling Diva Run you can enter to win some great prizes.
Need another reason to do a 5K? One person who registers with The Journey for either the virtual 5k or the Spring Fling Diva Run will win this headband from one of our sponsors, Simple-Trends! The winner will be announced on April 28th, 2013. How do you win?
- Remember to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you registered!
- We need to also see a comment from you on this page.
- Last thing…you need to “like” our Facebook page! You can find it at www.facebook.com/smallchangesbigpicture
Did you register? Be sure to comment on this post so we can see everyone who will be at the race! If we have enough people we will see if there is some interest in ordering T-shirts or headbands just for those that are part of The Journey. I already have a color in mind…and it is awesome! Stay tuned…and register today!
See you on race day! 😉